Life: Thanksgiving, Panama, My Throat

I've got to be quick. I promised Nef I would be in bed, going to sleep, by 10, and it's currently 9:28, so yeah, I gotta be quick here.

Here's the deal. I've got Bronchitis (btw, thank you spell check. Bronchitius looks like a dinosaur. I do not yet have a dinosaur). I've had it for about 3 weeks, but I went to the doctor today and got that official diagnose not even 12 hours ago. I've been coughing and coughing and trying a bunch of different things to try to stop, but nothing was truly working. I was hydrating, cut out dairy, tried to eat a good amount of pineapple, used a himalayan salt inhaler, steam inhalation, cough syrup, cough drops, fermented cod liver oil, anti-allergy cough syrup stuff, vitamin c.... yuuuup.

To add to this, I've had an allergy to dust mites for years and years and the way it affects me is that I clear my throat a lot. And I had been doing that a lot, over 3 weeks ago. And then the coughing started. So, my guess is that all the new and foreign dust that I'm getting here (especially because of the street in front of our house) was really affecting me and it was just getting worse and worse until it became bronchitis. yay.

I still really love my experience in Panama, though, so, as I have 16 minutes left, I'm going to tell you some of the things I'm thankful for. Because HEY, it's Thanksgiving!

I am so so thankful for my family. I love them endlessly, and am so grateful to have all of them.

I am also super thankful for my Panamanian family! Seriously. They're family already.

Thank goodness for technology. Of course, without technology, there wouldn't be this blog, but things like Facebook, Skype, and WhatsApp, make keeping in touch with my family, friends, talking to people here.... They make my life so much easier.

I'm thankful for the temple! Really, this is what brought me here! It's pretty incredible, still.

I'm thankful to be learning Spanish. It's hard. It hurts. It's confusing. But I definitely wouldn't trade it for anything.

I'm thankful for doctors! I really really hope that this bronchitis will be cured quickly. Because I am so done with it.

I'm thankful for music. Because, you know me. Music + life.

And last but not least, I am thankful for Nef. Hermana, I could not do this without you. I don't really have enough words to explain how grateful I am to have you. No wonder we talk about this so often. We still haven't found the words.

Speaking of, it's 10:01, and I have a promise to keep. I'm slightly late, but hey, um, Latin time? Yes.

Happy Thanksgiving, all!

See ya

Comments

  1. Sofia, you are so sweet! And so funny. Great to hear all the wonderful things you are thankful for. How many MANY of us are thankful for YOU in our lives?! And inspired by you! Good luck getting over that bronchitis ASAP! (Aka, I hope the bronchitius goes extinct by the end of Thanksgiving weekend!) xoxo Paula P in Silver Spring, MD ... Also, did you know? Rob and I are expecting our third child, a boy in February?! So, we are following in your family's awesome footsteps with two girls and a boy! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh! I forgot to reply! So sorry! I'm so glad the bronchitis is gone. And that's great news!! That's pretty funny, 2 girls and a boy is a good way to go. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts