A Few Days of Reflections: Future

Let's turn our eye to the horizon! Here's what I look forward to in this next year!
  • Spending more time with all these wonderful people that I've met in Panama
  • Visiting another country (Gotta leave Panama for a few days or so because VISA. Maybe Costa Rica? I hope so. Haven't been in forever. But maybe Colombian. Which would be cool, because I've never been. You'll know before Feb 20-something bc that's when I hit the 6-month mark!)
  • Festival? I've heard about Panama's Festival time, but I have no idea what to expect. I think I'll go in knowing not much and see what happens.
  • Family tiiiimme. I'll only have about 3 months living with my fam, but I look forward to it. No big trip plans for 2015, but hopefully exciting stuff will go down.
  • Road trip? I've been mulling over having a friend road trip. As much as I love my fam, it would be really cool to go on a trip with some friends. Maybe to New Jersey/New York. Hey Nef.... Also, couchsurfing on the way! That's a milestone I look forward to- couchsurfing using my own profile and setting it up myself- aren't adult things like this exciting?
  • Concerts/Music Festivals. Goal: go to at least 1 of each this year. Even if it's just a 1-day festival. I have my eye on a few events already (I know, I know, I go really advance with these things. But also, that's how you save money). But of course, I would love to go to more than just two. NOTE to the people who ask me about gifts: Yeah, for any event for when gifts are giving, I'm pretty much always gonna say I don't know. And I will always take earrings, books, and songs (best present ever), but if you want to truly make me happy, just take me to a concert. I don't need $70 concerts, I'm perfectly happy with good times that happen to cost $20 or less, but this is my #1 fun thing and I will remember this gift and we will have fun and that's pretty much the fast lane to my heart. Just fyi. But ya know, you don't need to take me to concert. Any gift with thought behind it is appreciated by me. Or you can just bake me a pie. Or give me a bag of beads. I am fine with anything. I feel like I talk about this every time I hit xmas or my birthday. But I don't mind. If that helps you, there you go. Now, back to the people that this whole thing doesn't relate to.
  • College! I'm excited for college! NCF is really cool, and it's definitely not high school. I look forward to it all.
  • A massage. My mom went through massage school a while back. I've gotten massages from 3 different people (though I paid for one of them). I think I want to have at least 1 massage a year. I know most people think of massages as just a relaxing treat, but I think of them as a healing re-set for my body. My mom's been studying some alternative things, so maybe just a treatment of whatever she would want to practice. But either way, I think this is how I want to help my body in life. By having at least 1 massage/treatment of some kind every year.
  • $5. Haha. Basically, Nef and I found spicy peppers, my dad dared me to eat one for $5, we both did it and filmed it, and now he owes us both $5. But really, I'm more looking forward to him and my brother eating a spicy pepper and filming it. or Tyrkisk Peber. That's about as bad. I can't understand how the Danes love it so much. If you want to see us dying, I put the video up online for your enjoyment.


Goals.. who needs resolutions? Here's what I want in 2015.
  • 52 blogs. The perpetual goal on here. Realistically, it'll take several years to work up to this, so it's more like a goal of 40 here, but I'm just gonna continue saying 52.
  • Finish a lot of the half-written/titles-for-concepts-I-want-to-write-about blogs I have in my drafts folder. TBH, I have 28 blog post drafts, not including this blog that is now obviously published. Yeah..
  • Finish all the half-written blogs on Nef and my food blog. Our shipname Sotiti provides the title. Check it out here.
  • 100 happy days! Have you heard of this? It's one of the internet challenges that I'm actually successful at. I've done it before. According to fb, I finished it 8 months ago. It's pretty simple actually, which makes it easy to do, but it's purpose is really worthwhile. New and I are both going to do it starting today (Jan 1), so I definitely want to be successful again! Maybe I'll go longer than 100 days? We'll see. What do you think. Check out the site if you're interested. Let me know if you do it too!
  • New Goodreads challenge.. I read about 67 books in 2014, so I'll make a goal of 75 for 2015. In both 2012 and 2013 I read 85, but since I'm not sure how 2015 will turn out in terms of my schedule/how I'll live my life, I think 75 is pretty safe, but still a good number to strive for. And I want to continue to read more Non-Fic books. Since I'm not in school, I've been reading more non-fic because I feel like I have the mental energy to read and learn from those books, whereas during Cambridge in high school, I read more to just get away from the cramming of knowledge of "important school topics" into my brain. And that would include music-related books, too. For example, I read Amanda Palmer's The Art of Asking, which was GREAT. Everyone should read it (seriously). I want to read at least 6 of the books from this list, plus several other that I've come across but haven't gotten to read yet. Oh, and if you want to be my friend on Goodreads, just look me up. You know my name. If you want book recs, let me know. I'd be happy to oblige. 
  • Skype more. I've been trying to Skype with family/friends, but I haven't done it as much as I'd like. It's not a super specific goal, but yeah, want to skype some more
  • Learn more cooking and Spanish! I'm working on them both while here in Panama. Here's to the continuation of that!
So, the looking-forward section and the goal section were pretty similar, but I think that's a pretty good write-up of what I'm wanting from 2015 and I'm sure it'll be everything and more! So, have a great New Years Day, everyone! Here's an interesting video/cool song for you to watch:



See ya! <3

Comments

Popular Posts