A Transcontinental Blog Post

I'm currently sitting on my first flight in my way out of this country. It's been 2 years since I've left the country, and 3 years since I was in Europe. So, let me answer your questions.

#1. What are your plans?

My flight leaves (left) June 20th from Orlando FL to [Gatwick] London to Copenhagen Denmark.

2 days in CPH with a couchsurfing host, then up to Aarhus Denmark to get to my Danish sister/best friend Ida. We hang out for a few days and then we head down to Nowhere Festival from July 4-9th near Barcelona in Spain.

After that? Not sure! Switzerland, Italy, France, Germany, and Greece are all big contenders, but we'll just have to see what ends up happening!

#2. How long will you be gone and what about school?

So, after who knows where, I will arrive in the Hague, Netherlands where I have a rental lease starting August 16th and an offical semester abroad at The Hague University of Applied Sciences. My semester ends in mid-January, so I will be heading back to the US around then!

#3. What bucket list items are you planning on hitting?

Idk! I tend to get really cool opportunities that I do and then realize would be good bucket list items that I can now say that I've checked off! But there are a few check list items, so I guess this is it!

-See Ida again. Not anything new, but it is mandatory for any time I visit Europe.

-Visit Amsterdam. Easy, because it's an hour away from where I'll be living for 5 months.

-Visit Greece. This is a legit bucket list item that I've be wanting to fulfill since the 5th grade. It will happen. It has to.

-Visit Italy. Another thing I've wanted to do for forever.

-Visit Paris. It's like 8 hours from the Hague, so also not too difficult to make happen

-Visit Berlin. That's just another one that should happen.

-See Skinny Living perform. Small English band that I adore and aren't big enough yet to tour the US, so I will come to them! This is probably my biggest one besides Greece. I love this band so much.

-See George Ezra. He does tour in the US, but I would love to be able to see him during my time in Europe.

-If Gorillaz ends up being in a place where I could see them, I will also have to make that happen.

Now I'm sitting in the London Gatwick airport waiting for my next flight to pop up on the board. I am officially not in any of the Americas anymore. I have crossed the ocean. And I will let you know what happens next!

Comments

Popular Posts