Updates & Evolutions

Hello World!

I haven't posted a blog recently for a few reasons, the most relevant one being that I've started graduate school! I decided at 16 that libraries felt like the right path for me, and here I am, 8 years later. So although this year has brought us many surprises, me ending up in library school should make complete sense to everyone who knows me.

I love writing, and this blog makes me happy, so I doubt this is the end. I'm always writing in my head, in notes, and in draft posts, and I don't think I'd be able to stop altogether. If I'm writing for someone besides me, it takes time to figure out what to say and the right way to say. Will ideas and time align for me to write here? We'll see!

But there's one thing I know, and it's that I'll always be obsessed with stories and sharing what I learn. AND my collaborative playlist series Green Mixtape isn't going anywhere! My dad and I love sharing music, and we are always trying to expand our listening tastes! 


Check out our recommendations here:

Green Mixtape 2020

The Ultimate Green Mixtape

OG Green Mixtape

I also created a highlights playlist of artists of color (with a focus towards black artists) and/or who identify as LGBTQIA+

Green Mixtape: Summer 2020

All of the artists in this Summer playlist have been in our OG or 2020 playlists. It felt especially important to me to be amplifying and listening to their voices this summer, so that's what I've been doing. If you're only going to listen to one of the playlists I've created, choose this one.


Library people like books, right? If you're interested in what I'm reading, you can check out my Goodreads here, because of course I track everything I read! Never hesitate to ask for a recommendation- I have many.

Well, here we are! When I started this blog in 2011 I had no plan for it; my passion for writing grew on its own accord. If nothing else, this blog represents a time capsule in word form. Feel free to read through what I've written while I'm gone- there's a lot. What's more than likely.... is you'll likely hear from me soon enough!

Don't forget- the pandemic isn't over and our racial justice work isn't finished!

Comments

Popular Posts