My hair was blue...

....or maybe, is? On the 14, it will be 4 months. Here's the thing, I didn't dye it all. Only a strip, and it wasn't the first time either!

So I get bored with how my hair looks, but I don't like it short, my haircuts always turn out to be the same thing (it's like I get the exact same haircut every 2 years) and I don't want to bleach it or really harm it too much. Plus I like the color brown that I have.

But I still get bored. My favorite color is green, but I like blue a lot too, and felt it was better suited for hair, so that's why I picked it. Semi-permanent dye. I'd been *dying to dye my hair for a few months early 2012, so that April I did a few streaks throughout my hair with the help of my mom and aunt. It didn't turn out very strongly, so it was gone after about a month.

But it's kinda like an addiction. :) I wanted to do it again, but this time, just one streak that would be noticeable. Oh, and I don't bleach, so it's blue on brown. This time, our marching show had two "sectors" that were red and blue teams, because of our show's story. It was like Hunger Games meets Spartacus (DCI show: Phantom Regiment 2008 or something like that) and just a teensy bit of Mad World (DCI Cavaliers). Anyhoo, I was on blue team. So I made a 1 dark streak on the left side of my head right before we went to state.

And it's still there! It'll be 4 months on the 14th, and it has faded to be mostly gone, but you can still kinda see it. The conversations are still the funniest.

*Person staring at me for an extended period of time*
Person: Is your hair blue?
Me: Yup.
Person: Okay, I thought I was going crazy.
Me: Nope, it's really blue.

Every time. Cracks me up that's it's still happening. Want to add a little spark to your life- dye a streak of color in your hair.
~See ya someday!

Comments

Popular Posts