A Few Days of Reflections: Past

I'm very thankful for a lot of things. It's been a pretty good year. I've done a lot. I've written some. Not nearly as much as I'd like. I have this perpetual goal of 52 blogs in a year. Meaning, a blog a week. I've had this blog since February 2011. I wrote 3 blogs in 2011. 2012 was even worse. 1 blog. LOL! 2012 was a pretty crazy year, though. I very distinctly remember nearing the end of the year and just wanting it to be over. Not that a year being over truly means anything. But I just wanted the fresh start of a new year. That was also the year I got braces, got my wisdom teeth out, went to 3 funerals, started Junior year (the worst year for Cambridge), we had a tragically ending marching season, and some of my good friends quit band. There were also a lot of good things that happened, but still, I was pretty tired of the year by the time we started nearing the end. Moving on! 2013 was tremendously better. 30 blogs. Pretty incredible, I think. And now, 2014. One of my best years yet, I think. And not just because of my blog post numbers. Here's some of the highlights:
  
  • Indoor Drumline. I had so much fun with the group and we created an incredible show. I can't find it on YouTube right now, but it was called "A Moment in Time" and had music and drill that was great fun. I was on the visual ensemble. When I look back on it, I definitely smile.
  • Daytona Beach. Somehow I ended up going to Daytona like 3 or 4 times within just a few months, but hey, I like the beach, so that was cool. This also included the annual band Daytona Beach trip. Always as fun as you make it. I made it fun.
  • Grad Bash. Probably one of the highlights overall in Senior year. It was so much fun! Advice to all future and current seniors- if your grad bash is one of the ones that goes to Universal- do it. And pick a small group of good friends to ride a bunch of rides with.
  • Prom. I was not as excited/interested in this. Whereas a lot of girls enjoyed planning everything for this, I think it's a bit unnecessarily stressful. But I still had a good time. And it was better than Prom during junior year, so that was successful.
  • 18. Woo hoo! Official adult! We literally just went to the movies to celebrate, but I was happy with that. Didn't need/want a big party or anything like that.
  • College Decisions. If you've been reading since June, you'd know that I decided that I would be going to New College of Florida and that I deferred a year. Glad that decision is out of the way.
  • Graduation & other ceremonies. Exciting enough. They're suppose to be milestone stuff, but when you have 5 ceremonies you need to dress up for within a month, they start to blend together. Still, actually graduating is awesome. 
  • Europe. Pretty much one of the best things in my life. 8 weeks in Europe including Denmark, Germany, Switzerland, England, and Scotland. I've definitely blogged about this before, and if you're interested, I highly recommend going back and reading about it. It started here.
  • Voting. Yeah, when you turn 18, you can go to clubs or whatever (and drink in some other countries), but one of the coolest things about being 18 is being able to vote. Like, you can truly start to make a difference in your world! Voting is good. Except for when not enough people vote (totally lame, guys) and then people that will negatively impact our government and stuff win. Well, I even tried to vote while in Panama through the overseas absentee voter thing for State election stuff, but that became a bit complicated and I didn't do it successfully. But, for next time, I know how it works.
  • Panama! Almost as cool as Europe! (Sorry, the combined awesomeness of those 5 countries beat the awesomeness of here.) I've met Nef, officially a bffl (best friend for life) because of how close we've gotten (literally and figuratively. We sleep about 5 feet away from each other every night), I've met a bunch of other people, I've had time at the Temple, I've had some time in Panama City itself, and I'm trying to learn Spanish! It's an experience. Who knows what these next 4 and a half months will bring.
So that's a quick overview of what I've done in 2014. And because music, here's a music video I think you should see:


See ya!

Comments

Popular Posts