AFDOR: Future

Yay 2016! What am I looking forward to?

  • Continuing my time at New College, doing my first ISP, hopefully my first self-run tutorial, and all the things that happen at New throughout the spring and then unto my second year!
  • Festivals! Concerts! New music (I'm looking at you, P!ATD and The 1975)! I plan on going to Bonnaroo for the second time, I'm hoping I can volunteer at the first ever Okeechobee, and who knows what other concerts and festivals I may go to!
  • Florida Herb Conference & Earthskills Gathering: I'm work trading at the first with my mom, aunt, and sister, and I'm going to the second with all of my family and I can't wait for both!
  •  Kids/Books. I've gotten a job working in a preschool, which I'm looking forward to, because I've missed spending time with kids, and do plan on working with kids/teens with my future career. And speaking of, I want to try to figure out my Sarasota libraries/NCF library better so that I can hopefully start being more involved in that way (I wish my Millhopper library could come with me to NCF. Alas, that is not possible).
  •  Summer = possibilities. Of course, Bonnaroo will be a solid week of my summer, but we don't have a family trip planned for this coming summer, so who knows what'll happen! But I hope maybe a small road trip or something can happen. And if you know me, you know I love to plan those kinds of things. So we'll see.
Goals:

I've read that you're more likely to achieve your resolutions or goals if you write them down, but don't share them, and I'm not one to write crazy resolutions, but oh well, here's what I got-
  • 24 Blogs. I was dreadful this past year and only managed 12, despite having gotten 30 each in the past 2 previous years. So let's up that and see if I can do better. Here's the first!
  • 52 Books. I was awful in terms of reading this past year and only read 38 books, totally failing my Goodreads goal of 75. Add me as a friend and set your only book goal! I love Goodreads.
To be fair, I've had a pretty crazy past year. But considering how much I like reading and writing, I know I can do better. And on that thought....

  • More self care! Self care is a super important thing, especially when you deal with a lot of stress (like college life at an honors college) and it depends on the person as to what works for them, but for me, stuff like listening to music or reading is often what I turn to. And no, you don't need a mental illness in order to work on your self care routines, because everyone has their things that they should too in order to maintain good mental health (and therefore good general well-being). I've given you a short buzzed video about it if you want look into it more. But yeah, it's a good thing to work on, so I always want to get better at taking care of myself!
  • More skills! I was learning a lot of Spanish last year, I learned a little cooking, and I learned how to sail! For this upcoming year, not only do I want to work on those (Ex. Gotta work on learning to skipper for sailing!) but there's other things I've been wanting to learn and haven't made the time to yet. Like stick shift driving- how do I not know this already? Need to get on that and get some practice. Also, I've been wanting to learn uke for more than a year. Goal: get a uke of my own this year, and start practicing. Also, I always want to learn more dancing styles and techniques, so yes, that too. [Dear perfect Bachata partner, where are you hiding?]
Let's work on making 2016 better, because we should always work on making things better than our past. We've shed 2015 and all that happened therein, whether it was good or bad, and so let's take advantage of this highly advertised and commercialized new calendar year in order to improve. Come what may. I'm ready to take it all. 

Happy New Year!

~Seee yaaa!

Comments

Popular Posts