Andy Grammer

Yo, so this is totally necessary and maybe I'm having decision paralysis (read this) but I just had to do a quick post about Andy Grammer. I grew up listening to his father, Red Grammer, and found Andy when he posted his song "Miss Me" free on iTunes 6/20/11. You can learn a lot in the "Get Info" section of each song on your iTunes. lol. Anyways, that's how long I've listened to Andy. I was blessed to be able to see him in concert 4/19/13. I was so close! I even applied to be on his tour crew for that concert, but I wasn't selected. Oh well.

Andy Grammer at Freebird Live in Jax 4/19/13
I'm absolutely delighted that he's releasing a new album. He just announced that it will be in August, and it's called Magazines or Novels. Intriguing. AND he has this new single that's been out a little while. BUT he posted the official music video yesterday and I'm in love.


Okay, so his lyrics are wonderful, he's performing at a Holi Festival, and it's Andy Grammer. What could be better? I tweeted about it, actually.

No big deal right? haha. Made my day.

That in itself was pretty incredible. I keep on talking about his lyrics and considering what I've been blogging about this week, here's this:

2011 Debut Album: Andy Grammer
You should really read his lyrics, though. Start with "The Pocket" and go from there. I would read them all, but you don't have to. I'd listen to them, at least. But as a female in 2014, and coming across some of the things on the radio, my gosh. Pitbull, please never say anything else. Anyhoo, he has lyrics like "I am looking for the covergirl of dignified beauty magazine." Woah. Across the board, his lyrics are way more respectful than a lot of what's out there.

He's going on tour starting yesterday for this new album, and he is coming back to Florida. I actually got an email from the Tour Crew people asking if I was going to be applying again. *sigh* I would love to go and see him again and I would love to meet him but there's one problem. We leave for Europe June 17th. He's in Jax June 19th and Orlando June 21. So close to Gainesville, so far away from where I'll be. 

Since I can't go, I request that as many people as possible check out his music and try to go see him. With few followers of this blog, this is a difficult request, but maybe I'll have tons of readers in the future who will look back at old blogs and check him out (if he's not already super famous by that time). Oh, and Andy should do a world tour in the next year and visit all the cities with Baha'i Houses of Worship because *hint hint future announcement soon about my life* there's a certain Latin American Country where I may be serving at a certain temple for the next year. More on that later. For a little info about Andy, check this out. And here's his website.

Thanks Andy! I wish you the best in life and a wonderful tour!

See ya!

Comments

  1. Yeah, that's a pretty great song. I think I like it better than most of the songs on his first album.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts