Colorful Hair (Plans Part 2)

I look forward to having all-white hair.

Rewind! I really miss my blue hair. I may not be a crazy rebellious teen, but I've dyed blue streaks in my hair twice before, and I'm really fond of it. I rather miss it.

I appreciate my hair. I don't mind being a brunette. Or whatever it is. I like the color. But the downfall of it comes into play when debating colors. To get a really bright color, I'd have to bleach my hair. And I am not okay with that. Maybe I'll try a natural lemon bleaching one day, but I don't dig using straight-up bleach on my hair. Or really, anywhere on my body.

But with the blue I used before, it was noticeable enough to make me happy, without having to do anything to my hair before. It worked for me. I even posted in this blog about it. (See here.) Because of senior pictures, my 18th picture, prom, graduation, and all that stuff you take nice pictures for during senior year, I wanted to keep it natural. So I did. All year. And now, well, I kinda want to go back. But I'm not going to. Yet.

Why not? I am, after all, going to a fairly alternative college. I would probably be totally normal with slightly-blue hair. Except, I'm not going to college. Yet.

Woo hoo! My seemingly elaborate plans are even more elaborate! I haven't been super vocal with the general populace about my future plans because I wanted to set things up and be sure before I started really telling people. My fairly vague graduation announcements were the most explicit I've been about it all so far, which is kind of laughable because, like I said, it's kinda vague. Sorry, I'm just stubborn like that.
                                                
I'm going to Panama! Ciudad de Panama, Panama. For 9ish months. Not sure about the return ticket yet, but I'll be leaving FOR Panama Wednesday, August 27th, exactly 2 weeks after getting back from Europe. No, I'm not crazy.

I'm going to be working in the Mother Temple of Latin America- the Baha'i House of Worship in Panama. Yeaaah. Isn't this crazy amazing? So, a few days of the week I'll be working there, and a then I'll be also working in the community. Not a lot of details yet, but that's the plan. 

The temple is right above Panama City
I'll be living in Panama City with a girl from New Jersey. Her name is Nefertiti, and she actually just boarded her plane, not even an hour ago! So she'll be getting there before me, but that's alright. If she realizes that our place is missing something or anything, I can bring it before I head out.

But hey, at least the electrical outlets and currency are the same. Makes it eons easier to deal with. Of course, we're going to be learning Spanish. Neither of us are fluent. After 9 months, however, we should be totally rocking it.

So basically, in an effort to be more appropriate in a different world and in a spiritual workplace, I'm not dyeing my hair any crazy colors. Wouldn't feel right, ya know?

I officially deferred my acceptance to New College of Florida, which they were totally cool with, (Thanks New! You're awesome!) and will be starting all that in August 2015.

Also, I'm getting my Cambridge Diploma with Merit (booyah!) so I'm pretty happy about that.

That's about it for my important announcements. If you want to know more about the temple, there's isn't really any good sites/articles that I can find, but the Wikipedia Page is pretty okay. I'll continue blogging through my time in Panama.

Oh, and you should DEF get the currently-free-on-iTunes-single that is Budapest by George Ezra. You will adore it. I adore it. Go HERE. Let's get his album available in the US because the whole thing is amazing.

See ya!

Comments

Popular Posts