What Is The End

 I really like Seth Rogen, James Franco, and Jay Baruchel so when I heard about This Is The End, naturally I was excited for it. But I had a bit of a complicated time trying to actually see it.

 I have a movie buddy, one of my long-time friends and we don't go to the same school so we don't get to see each other a lot. We both like similar movies (and are indecisive) and since movies have specific immovable times, it's easier to say we're getting together for this time at this theater for this movie and then hang out or whatever. So I told her we should see this movie and she agreed.

 The movie came out on a Wednesday but I had Band Camp through Thursday so we said we'd see it Friday.

 Fridayyyyyy... This is the most complicated part of my story. I was up early for my senior pictures, and surprisingly, my movie buddy was up as well. I know this because when I texted about times around 9am, she responded pretty fast. We said 2pm, because she couldn't see it too late this night. Then I was reminded that I had to see my sister's play at 2. So we changed it to 3:40. Then I got a babysitting job for 4-7 that I couldn't really turn down so we changed it to 7:50. Once we started hitting 7, I got asked to stay til 8 so we had to reschedule. I tried really hard to still do it but it was just too close to do. So we said Sunday.

 Midway through Saturday I realized that we're planning on seeing a movie on Sunday and Sunday was Father's day. Oops. We postponed it to the next Friday.

 Partly through the week, possibly Tuesday, I realized, Oh, we're planning to see a movie on Friday and Friday is my mom's birthday. So we moved it to Saturday.

Originally we were going to do 4:15 on Saturday but, like always, we changed it. With the movie now at 7:20, I got to babysit til 4:30, so that all worked out.

 And we made it! We got their super early (my ticket receipt says 6:43) and we were 2 of 4 people in our theater. The whole pre-trailers ads and stuff hadn't even started yet.

 You may have started this thinking I was going to review the movie. Sorry if this was boring. I'm not much of a reviewer. I don't want to spoil anything anyways. I liked it. It was funny. There were definitely some times where I was thinking "this was soooo written by boys" but it was fine. It was good.

 To make it up to you, I'll just leave you with some This Is The End IMDB trivia:
  • According to Seth Rogen about 50% of the movie was ad libbed. 
  •  Jay Baruchel admitted that despite all of the hilarity and the over the top nature, making the movie was actually therapeutic because he felt that some of the arguments and confrontations in the movie were on some level things that the actors have actually wanted to say to each other at some point in real life. 
  •  The main cast took significant pay cuts in order to help Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg save money for the budget
  •  Evan Goldberg created a game for himself during filming. The goal of the game was to get as many cast members as possible to say, "No I can't do that" or get them to refuse to do something. According to him, the only people he wasn't able to break were James Franco and Seth Rogen. 
  •  Seth Rogen said that he was shocked by how much the actors would insult each other. According to him, Jonah Hill and James Franco in particular seemed to go at each other the hardest. At one point he felt like he had to intervene and remind them that they are actually friends and like each other. 
There were a lot of other cool facts, but I'll let you look them up after you see the movie.

See ya someday;)

Comments

Popular Posts