And So It Begins

Day 1: Gainesville, FL to Baton Rouge, Louisiana

State Facts of the Day:

Florida- Apollo 11, the first spacecraft to land men on the moon, was launched from Florida in 1969.

Alabama- Their state motto is Audemus Jura Nostra Defendere, which means, "We dare defend our rights." Funny, when they had the first Confederate Capital.

Mississippi- Coca-Cola was first bottled here in 1894.

Louisiana- More crayfish are produced in this state than any other place in the world.

Florida is rainy today, and after leaving only 1 hour behind schedule, not much is happening. So far, the only thing forgotten was my dad's earbuds. But I brought 2 pairs and Alex brought 3, so that was easily solved.

Bella's playing this game where you're the shark and you have to eat stuff and during this, she came across a turtle. Turtles are my favorite animal, and she of course knew this. So when she came across this turtle, she turned her shark away and told me that turtles don't taste good. :) She's sweet.

Also, this is worthy of a post of it's own, but I just wanted to mention it real fast- I collect postcards from different countries, so if you are somewhere else this summer, I would love it if you would send me a postcard. I will send my address through message on something other than my blog. Likewise, if there's any particular state you would like me to send you a card from, let me know! I'll see what I can do.

We had a nice lunch in Tallahassee with family there. Back on the road, we made friendship bracelets. Since I have never been able to finish a full one before, I chose the easiest style and actually finished it! At a Costco getting gas, I found my first geocache. We also stopped at the Alabama and Mississippi borders to take pictures.

We just reached Louisiana. Took our pictures. Etc. We still have another hour of driving & then we're meeting up with my Uncle, but I'll end this now. Below is a picture of Bella and I in the car.

See ya someday!

Comments

Popular Posts