Soul Slam Reunion

Day 6: Phoenix

Our first real day where we aren't traveling! We spent most of the day hanging out at through house, texting and calling old friends, and trying to schedule the week. We decided on a trip to the drive-in on Tuesday and a hang-out at the pool on Wednesday as our main get-togethers. Then we'll just be seeing people whenever during the rest of the week.

Around 4, I realized there was a youth event at the Phoenix Baha'i Center that some of my friends would be at- at 7. So after some homemade chicken molle, I went!

In Phoenix there are 2 main Baha'i families that we are close with. And I got to see 9/13 of those people. Of course, there's 3 generations of family members in both, so I think that just proves how important they are to us. It was very exciting to see Lindsay and Mirella, the girls closest to me. Mirella screamed when she saw me, which was fitting. Ayinde and I both did double takes for each other. I, because he's grown up so much, and he, because he didn't know I was going to be there! My gosh, that little bro is taller than me and going into 10th grade! And Malik, the youngest, who I remember best as being energetic, always laughing and a tad unruly ;) was a lot calmer (although still a crazy boy) and matured. Everyone is so grown up and mature! Haha. Is was great to see Alec, too, although I seem to see his stuff on Facebook more than the rest of them. Hmm. Of course, I was invited to join his birthday celebration by about 5 people. He was 3rd to invite me. To his own thing. I was entertained by that.

The Soul Slam was a lot of fun. The basic concept was like a guided open-mic night where anybody can share something that focuses on the journey of the soul. People put their name on the list and it went back and forth between the list (out of order) and spontaneous creation. It was just so great. Seeing friends, hearing spontaneous music and poetry, meeting new people, it was an awesome night. And somehow I just meet the nicest people! It was wonderful being able to carpool home and many a epic conversation happened. Half the time while I was talking I didn't even know where I was going with it. Somehow it all worked out.

And that's a good explanation of my day- it just kinda worked out! It was a happy-ending day.

At the house, the living room is enclosed by couches and filled with balloons- creating endless entertainment for the kids. They made a balloon mountain to jump into- shown below.

See ya someday!

Comments

Popular Posts