Back in Phoenix

Day 5: Tucson, Arizona to Phoenix Arizona

Random State Fact of the Day:

Alaska- In the summer, the sun shines about 20 hours a day.

We woke up, had a little breakfast, and continued to talk with our hosts for several hours. Since the driving day was only 2 hours, we had some flexibility and the opportunity to hear more of their amazing stories.

Eventually, we packed up to head out, got pictures together, and left shortly after they did (they had to pick up a rental car for their own trip). After 2 hours on the road, we got to In'n'Out Burger. Yum. I got mine Animal style off of the secret menu. ;)

We finally arrived at our friends' house! They have 4 kids that are all around our ages. We got all unpacked and situated in time for dinner. Since it was their mother's (Colleen) birthday, we all went to a revolving sushi restaurant.

I don't really eat sushi. I've always been neutral about it, didn't really care either way, although a little cautious about the idea of eating raw sea food and what that would taste like. But I did it! And it was fun. The revolving thing was cool. I tried avocado sushi, mango sushi, salmon sushi, a plainer regular sushi (Idk what it was exactly) and a little potsticker thing. It was good. I sat next to Maya, the oldest of their children, and she would tell me about the sushi. She also spilled her water, but thankfully our young waiter found it as amusing as we did.

After an exciting dinner, we came back to the house for dessert. Which was, since the cook was Colleen, an amazing dessert that you wouldn't want to miss. Since I don't like coffee flavored stuff, I got a little cheesecake thing with blueberry frosting and a little custard cake thing. The rest of the time was spent just getting settled.

Maya got an octopus sushi that she didn't like much but I thought looked cool. Picture below.

See ya someday!

Comments

Popular Posts