I'm a Sushi Master

Day 7: Phoenix (Ringo Starr's 73rd birthday and exactly 1 week til Ida arrives in the US)

We had homemade biscuits and fruit for breakfast and really great grilled cheese with tomato soup for lunch.

Around 2, we drove over to our old neighborhood to see friends. Since our neighborhood was brand new when we moved in, we got to see it when the whole place was a dirt lot, we got to plan our house, and we got to see the different streets develop and grow in numbers. We also got to see the baby trees tied to poles. So to see once-baby trees providing substantial shade over the streets was a total throw.

It looked like somebody was living in our old house, although we don't know who. I decided against going in the pool, but still had a good time at our friend's house. The little girls found a dead baby bird that they tried to will to life which added a little drama to their time, but there were no tears. Instead, there was just a very close inspection of the bird to determine that it was truly dead. We ended that visit with pictures and rocks and rushed home to make sushi. We were told explicitly to be home at 5. And like always, we were late.

We are quickly passing Sushi Novices. Not only have we now been to a revolving restaurant, but now we have also learned how to make it. That was quite fun as well. You take a little bamboo mat and place wax paper and the seaweed (shiny side down) on top. Then you wet your hands and spread the rice on the seaweed. Then you put your choice of toppings in it and roll it up! We made a lot of rolls. And it cracked me up that the littlest, Elena, made seaweed and rice sushi. No additions. For 3 rolls. :)

We stuffed ourselves with dinner (all 11 of us) and only got through about half of the rolls. After dinner I got a bit of a headache but I'm alright.

Just wanted to mention, if I have phrasing or spelling or wording mistakes, just bear with me. I'm writing everything on my phone, often at the end of a busy day. At the end of the month when I'm back home I'll go through everything on the computer and clean up anything that needs it. You're getting the posts as soon as I can post them. On that note,

See ya someday!

Comments

Popular Posts